Friday, September 7, 2012

Cleaning out the backseat......

I know, what a strange title, but in keeping up with the blog title I figured it was fitting. This is just a recap of life since I took time off.

My grandfather passed away on February 19, 2012. I took it really hard, he was more of a father to me than my own dad. My papaw taught me everything from how to bait my own hook, to how to change my own tire. He was never too busy when I needed him and his death was sudden and unexpected.

While I helped my children and myself heal, other life moments changed and we moved back to my hometown. It took us some time to get use to new schools, schedules, etc but we are slowly getting the hang of things.

Morgan started 7th grade and Auriel 3rd grade, this year. I am so proud of both girls, even with everything we went through and the change of schools the last month of the year, they both made the Honor Roll.





I felt I owed it to you all to explain my long absence, I am very thankful for all of my friends, fans, and readers who stood by me these past few months.


Looking forward to some great posts in the near future,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment