Thursday, July 21, 2011

I love hand-me-downs.

I do not personally know any mom who would turn down hand-me-downs that are in wearable condition. It just wouldn't make sense. Kids grow so fast that half the time their clothes are barely worn. I use to box all the clothes my girls had outgrown and either save them for friends and family or donate them to the Goodwill. Then I discovered Thredup.

Thredup is a clothing swap type of site that follows the fact that "Clothes don't grow, kids do." It is very easy to use. First you sign up for an account, which is free to join at thredup.com. Then you browse their list of thousands of boxes full of pre-loved kids clothes & toys, each box is just $5.00 USD plus the cost of shipping which is $10.95 USD for a medium flat rate box. Users who post the boxes list the items that are inside as well as some of the brands of clothing. You can search the boxes by size and/or gender. Most of the boxes are very full. I received my first box back in June and I received 3 pairs of shorts, one pair of jeans, a skirt, two shirts, and a jacket. Everything was name brand and in awesome condition.

Post your own box of pre-loved clothes/toys your child no longer wears on thredUP. It takes just minutes to list out the great items your kids no longer use. When another member picks your box, send it 100% free of charge. Thredup provides boxes, postage, and even schedule the pick-up. the only thing you need is a working printer.

Another great site I use, savemore.com, has a ThredUp deal for a day only. For $16.00USD you can get Two Boxes of Kids Pre-Loved Clothes, Books or Toys ($31.90 Value). Better yet if you are a new savemore.com user you can get a free $10.00 USD credit, which means you can get your two boxes for only $6.00 USD. That is an awesome deal on some great pre-loved clothing, toys, or books.

Deal terms and conditions: Expires July 23, 2012. May not be combined with any other promotional offers. Valid for new customers only. Redeem online at http://www.thredup.com/savemore . Limit one voucher for yourself and two as gifts.

The opinions posted in this post are completely mine, I was not compensated for my post. Any Links posted in this post are referral links and I do receive credit for those who sign up for either site via my links.

No comments:

Post a Comment